Education and Experience:
- College graduate with a degree in Accounting and a minimum of 5 - 8 years of experience as Controller/Accounting Manager; CPA and or CNAP is preferred.
- Demonstrated Supervisory experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex documents – strategic thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to assume a leadership role, as well as a team member role, in a professional environment.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and make informed decisions that comply with policy and procedure.
- Attention to detail – data driven decision making.
- Commitment to transparency.
- Advanced computer skills to include Microsoft Office proficiency, email applications, and accounting software and an understanding of how technology enables business operations and efficiency.
- Consistent and reliable attendance, with the ability to work on-site as needed.
- Managing multiple priorities.
- Willingly adhere to Habitat PHL’s employment policies.
Other Skills Valued
- Experience working with Abila similar General Ledger software, Paycom or other payroll/HRIS software, and Salesforce or similar CRM
- Experience working with not-for-profit organizations
Physical Requirements to Perform Duties:
- Ability to be stationary for long periods at a computer
Benefits & Compensation
- This position is eligible for medical, dental, paid vacation, sick time, and holidays. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements through the Indeed application portal by October 17, 2022. Applicants without cover letters will not be considered. No calls, please.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Habitat for Humanity Philadelphia provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ethnicity, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, familial status, source of income status, domestic or sexual abuse victim status or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law in any employment-related decision, including recruitment, hiring, compensation, training, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.