Who are we?
At the Affordable Housing Network, we are dedicated to providing affordable housing in our community by offering a wide variety of housing options and locations to call home in the Cedar Rapids area. We strive to develop healthy and vibrant housing communities by connecting our residents with services that meet the needs of a diverse population, including families with children, seniors, and people with disabilities.
Why Work here?
We are more than a team, we are family! AHNI and Four Oaks understand the importance of supporting and treating one another as if they were our own family members. We believe in maintaining a healthy work/life balance while providing career paths for everyone. Our organization flourishes in an environment of equal opportunity and fair treatment for all. The effects of diversity and inclusion have created an atmosphere of positivity which connects us to the customers we serve. As a valued team member, you are eligible for:
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401k Retirement plan
- Growth & Advancement opportunities
- Competitive Wages
- Excellent paid leave time package
- 7 paid holidays
- Business casual work environment
- Educational discounts
- Fitness Center Discounts
What you will do?
As the Compliance Specialist you will be responsible for HUD compliance, assisting in asset and property management, providing internal and external customer support, providing complete & timely documentation and delivering responsible work performance expectations. Specific responsibilities include:
- Evaluating resident applications and recertification paperwork for HUD compliance eligibility and consistently with management software.
- Coordinating and preparing written response to audits from HUD investors and state agencies.
- Providing guidance and training to property employees & others on HUD, Section 42 and other financing regulations.
- Ensuring the proper issuing using the most current guidelines and required terms, staying up to date on all rule changes.
- Researching and evaluating obligations based on regulatory agreements and government regulations to determine any non-compliance.