The Technical Support Specialist serves as the first line of customer support to end users of network, desktop, and enterprise applications. The Technical Support Specialist provides on-site and remote support for laptops/desktops/peripherals, Commercial Off the Shelf (COTS) Software, approved software/hardware, enterprise applications, and network access. He\she possesses exceptional communication skills, technical, and analytical skills. He\she resolves technical end-user support issues in a help desk setting and performs technical troubleshooting. He\she works closely with other members of the Information Technology team to remediate reported end-user issues in a timely and professional manner. He\she is a successful team player who is knowledgeable of APA products used and is expected to be a contributor to new product testing before deployment to end-user community. He\she is expected to troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, or via e-mail) in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide in-person, hands-on assistance at the desktop level.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support for all APA staff both onsite and remote.
- Provide support for all APA hardware, software and applications both onsite and remote.
- Install new or upgraded software applications.
- Install new or upgraded hardware and peripherals.
- Test software and/or hardware for problems and correct before making it available to users.
- Configure hardware (PC’s, laptops, cell phones, and mobile devices).
- Provide 1st tier troubleshooting and resolution to problems. Escalate issues to supervisor when not able to resolve in a timely fashion.
- Repair hardware (printers, terminals, replace toner, change cables)
- Assist with hardware and software application questions.
- Assist users with need assessments.
- Assign tickets to support staff and follow support queue procedures for working with end-users and updating ticket information in a timely fashion
- Respond in a timely fashion to assigned tickets and assigned tasks.
- Support all Apple devices
- Maintaining inventory and oversee asset management of all hardware and software.
- Providing technical support for VOIP phone system and SaaS related applications.
- Monitoring and tracking virus protection services for all company managed hardware.
- Deploy workstation hardware, printers and other peripheral devices including new installations and the refreshing of existing equipment
- Performing new hire orientation including mapping shared drives, group mailboxes and VPN access as needed
- Complete daily monitoring tasks as assigned