The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
Provide high quality music education in area of specialization for Milwaukee area and surrounding counties through the Conservatory Connections program serving the WCM mission: Inspiring individuals and communities through exceptional music education, accessible to all.
- Provide 34 weeks of teaching through the school year.
- General Music and Connections faculty teach 28-36 weeks in school programs including private, public, charter and choice schools.
- Part-time positions range from between 3 and 25 hours per week. Schedule is flexible.
- Attend faculty meetings and professional development sessions. Other opportunities for professional development will be provided.
- Lead ensembles in area of expertise as assigned. Performance opportunities for select faculty are available as part of their full-time positions. Part-time faculty receive per service compensation.
- Recruit for Conservatory programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in music education or performance.
· Classroom teaching and/or student teaching experience: 1 to 5 years preferred
· Background in general, instrumental, and/or choral music preferred.
· Certified and bilingual music educators strongly encouraged to apply.
· Experience leading groups of children (in classrooms, youth groups, community organizations, camps, child care facilities, etc.).