The Batch Operator oversees and ensures the efficient and productive operations of the assigned Concrete Batch Plant. The Batch Operator may float from plant to plant if not assigned to a specific location.
- Assume all responsibilities of the Concrete Plant Manager and/or Yard Operator in their absence.
- Oversee all plant operations and coordinate and monitor daily workload throughout the plant, in addition to monitoring plant cleanliness.
- Oversee all drivers, operators, and other personnel at the plant. Respond in a timely manner to all employee concerns and/or complaints and complete required personnel paperwork when necessary.
- Coordinate scheduling with Dispatch and monitor driver activity to ensure customer needs are being met in an efficient manner.
- Respond to all complaints and concerns in a timely manner.
- Maintain adequate levels of all supplies and products (i.e., fuel, cement, admixtures, fiber mesh, etc.) and maintain accurate and current reports as required.
- Ensure that the concrete plant and related equipment are operating properly at all times by inspecting the plant for greasing, checking oil fluid levels, adding grease and oil as required, and keeping plant and equipment clean and free of excess material.
- Maintain proper levels of aggregates and admixtures, including keeping the hoppers full of aggregates. Notify the Concrete Plant Manager of impending shortages in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with company safety regulations and all company environmental regulations and notify personnel immediately of any potential problems.
- Take samples and perform tests as necessary and complete required documentation/reports. Inform Technical Services of any quality problems that need resolving.
- Keep equipment and plant site clean at all times by washing the outside of the plant and equipment whenever necessary, maintaining plant grounding, picking up trash and other items from grounds, and making sure that all equipment is in its proper place.
- Operate vehicles and equipment in a safe manner.
- Perform all pre and post-trip inspections and complete daily inspection reports.
- Follow all environmental regulations and clean up any excess material that could cause environmental problems.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and outside labor as requested, which may include, but not limited to, cleaning up around the plant, sweeping, shoveling, moving wheelbarrows, picking up equipment or supplies.