DWC seeks a full time Clinical Supervisor, to support the supervision of a team of clinical and case management staff. The Clinical Supervisor will provide oversight and supervision to a team of social workers, case managers, and clinical interns in order to enhance the therapeutic services offered to women. This position will also help manage DWCs Trauma Recovery Center, train and model crisis intervention skills, increase enrichment/vocational activities, and provide clinical consultation and trainings to DWC Staff. An ideal candidate will lead, inspire, and motivate a team of professionals whose primary goal is to provide holistic, trauma informed care to women in the Skid Row community. This position will also create a strengths-based culture in treatment planning and service delivery. This position is a member of the Clinical Department, and will work in collaboration with other professionals, and report directly to the Clinical Director.
- Provide clinical leadership for day center case management and mental health services
- Provide weekly individual supervision to a team of case managers, clinicians and Masters Level Interns
- Provide weekly group supervision for Masters Level Interns
- Provide clinical and case management documentation training to staff
- Provide oversight of all case management and clinical documentation
- Develop and enhance the coordination of case management and mental health policies, procedures, and services
- Ensure that community referral resources are accurate and updated
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients, staff and local service providers, participate in community meetings pertaining to services benefiting clients, and serve as a representative of DWC at community events
- Provide clinical consultation and trainings to staff across departments
- Oversight of quality assurance of clinical documentation
- Assist Day Center staff with crisis intervention and model de-escalation techniques as needed.
- Comply with local, state, and federal confidentiality laws and regulations
- Develop and maintain relationships with local universities to recruit Masters Level Interns for the Clinical Department
- Provide regular, written reports to the Clinical Director and additional reports as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned to support the mission of the organization.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies (I.e. Flexibility, Communication Proficiency, Budget Management, Relationship Management)
- Trauma Informed
- Clinical Supervision
- Relationship Management
- Flexible and empathic
- Good communicator
- Strong leadership skills
- Organized and detail oriented
- Time management
- Provide supervision to a team of 6 Case Managers
- Provide supervision to FT Clinical Social Worker
- Provide supervision to Masters Level Interns
This job operates in a professional office and Day Center program environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Mon-Fri 8:30 am-5.00 pm.
Travel opportunities may occur.
Required Education and Experience
- LCSW, Marriage and Family Therapist, or Psychologist required
- 2yrs post licensure and BBS supervision certified required
- Clinical Supervisory Experience preferred
- Experience working in community mental health preferred
- Strong understanding of the complexity of poverty and womens homelessness, mental illness, trauma, substance abuse, and health issues; knowledge of relevant Evidence-Based Practices (Trauma-Informed Care, Motivational Interviewing, Harm Reduction, Housing First) required
- Crisis intervention experience, and familiarity and comfort working with issues related to homelessness, substance abuse, mental health diagnosis, and history of trauma required
- Knowledge of LAHSA grants, HMIS, and CES systems preferred
- Oral and written fluency in English required; Spanish a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) required
Required Knowledge/Skills/Position Qualifications
- Knowledge and training in EBPs (i.e. Seeking Safety, Trauma Informed Care)
- Knowledge and experience with DSM V and Diagnosis
- Personable and able to develop external relationships that maximize community resources
- Excellent active listening and crisis intervention skills with ability to exercise and model good judgment
- Strong written and oral communication skills; proven ability to communicate with diverse audiences
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities, including proficiency in balancing direct service responsibilities with effective leadership and record-keeping
- Able to solve problems by being resourceful and using creativity
- Detail-oriented, highly organized, able to manage multiple tasks and priorities, and set and meet goals and deadlines
- Strong administrative skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) required; experience with HMIS and CES strongly preferred.
Downtown Womens Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Downtown Womens Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.