The Jewish Community Center is seeking a Program Coordinator for our Jewish Arts and Culture Festival to join our team. This is a part time position approximately 10 to 20 hours per week. Candidates should have flexibility to increase their hours, as necessary, during the weeks leading up to the festival in October 2021.
This role will have primary responsibility of planning a one day Jewish Arts and Culture Festival, sponsored by the St. Louis Jewish Federation, to take place October 10, 2021 at Washington University in St. Louis. The Jewish Arts and Culture Festival is a biennial celebration of Jewish identity, featuring visual art exhibits, musical performances, food experiences and local community organizations. The cutting-edge festival showcases the vibrancy of contemporary Jewish culture. Fostering community unity and pride, the inclusive fair atmosphere welcomes the entire St. Louis region.
- Assist in developing and then execute a work plan including timelines and deadlines to ensure event success
- Help to build/organize and then lead volunteer steering committee and subcommittees (food, craft artists, stage entertainment, Jewish outreach/engagement, safety and security, marketing, volunteers) and help organize and attend all meetings
- Secure all necessary food, entertainment, craft artists, performers, tech, logistics, and other vendors for event and handle the necessary communication, contracts, insurance, vendor fees and other details associated with vendors within budget parameters
- Manage and adhere to event budget
- In collaboration with J’s Marketing team, develop and produce all print and social media marketing and public relations materials required for the event
- Collaborate with all Jewish organizations and plan their involvement at the event
- Coordinate and help plan a security and safety plan for the event involving JCC and Jewish Federation security professionals
- Outreach to St. Louis arts organizations to help promote event
- Develop and implement an evaluation tool for event to gauge impact and solicit feedback for future planning
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor.