1. Overall purpose of this position:
Perform inventory cycle counts and inspections to ensure high inventory accuracy levels and timely
processing of customer returns and back to stock.
2. Major activities, which must be performed in order to carry out the purpose of the position as described above:
- Perform inventory counts which include RF cycle counting, location audits and recounts.
- Review completed inventory counts and variances to determine if further research or a recount is needed.
- Update and distribute department reports using Excel or other established logs.
- Perform product inspections to determine if product meets established specifications. This includes indentifying product as well as sorting through product to determine if product is “good” so it can go back to stock or if product should be written off.
- Review inventory in Inventory Problem Bins to confirm and resolve issues with items. Determine if inventory can be corrected with a stock adjustment, put back to stock or if it is damaged or defective and must be written off. Identify product that is not labeled or not labeled correctly and properly label carton.
- Perform final check of inventory before a customer order is shorted. Check item locations as well as “likely locations” (neighboring bins, aisles, end caps…). Review item transactions and old locations to try to find missing inventory. Update warehouse transfer order in FDM4 if appropriate.
- Process customer returns by sorting/inspecting/identifying product and updating items/quantities on claims in IRMS. Determine if claim is complete. Close/post claims.
- Create and update customer returns in FDM4. Determine if a new claim must be entered or if it is necessary to update or change an existing claim.
- Perform inbound/outbound audits (receipt/returns and outbound orders including transfers).
- Putaway product that has been processed through claims.
- Adhere to established safety regulations and company policies/procedures.
- Serve as a member of the distribution center team by assisting in other areas as needed.