- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- This position requires an individual to work independently as well as in a group setting.
- The individual must be able to work under pressure and professionally handle stressful situations.
- The individual must possess analytical skills as well as excellent problem-solving skills.
- The individual must always maintain patient confidentiality while performing job duties.
- The position requires the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with providers, other employees, as well as the general public.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- RHIA or RHIT strongly preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in Health Information Management (HIM) or medical records in a healthcare setting required.
- Previous experience working with an EMR required.
- Previous experience or knowledge of Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) preferred.
- Excellent Customer Service skills required.
- CPR certification required within six months of hire.
English and/or bilingual (English/Spanish) language required. Ability to read & interpret documents, reports & correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups and/or individuals. Working Knowledge of MS Office.
Family Health La Clinica(FHLC) requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, or hold a legally recognized exemption as a condition of employment. Where permitted by law, candidates who are offered a position will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered.