LJA Mission Statement:
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is a conference and retreat center that hosts over 50,000 overnight guests annually. We have over 400 lodging rooms, a campground, and meeting space for up to 2,000 people. All of our facilities are located on a scenic 1,200 acre campus which boasts panoramic views, abundant recreation opportunities, and a 200 acre lake. Our market ranges from youth groups to affluent leisure guests primarily from the Southeastern US.
- This role provides a pathway for the transformation of soul, mind, and body.
- Assisting in the planning and facilitating of summer events and activities including, but not limited to:
- Small and large group devotions
- Kayaking/Canoeing/Stand Up Paddle boarding
- Rock wall climbing
- Spending time with group participants during meals and some afternoon activities.
- Providing administrative support, including registration, marketing and communication for Lake Junaluska hosted events and activities.
- Participating and assisting in community events such as July 4th celebrations.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures and report any unsafe activities or conditions immediately to the supervisor or the Human Resources department.
- Other duties as assigned.