LJA Mission Statement
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is a ministry of The United Methodist Church and plays a vital role by providing a location for training and renewal. Each year Lake Junaluska will host over 200,000 guests who are engaged in spiritual training, recreation or renewal events and activities. Our guests include religious, non-profit and secular groups. We are also a residential and vacation community.
- Must possess excellent hospitality skills and a strong desire to foster an attitude of “exceeding guest’s expectations”.
- Must maintain professional appearance wearing a clean, pressed uniform, including name tag.
- Must be honest, reliable, and prompt in assisting guest through daily contact.
- Performs daily cleaning, sanitizing and stocking of public restrooms and common areas. To include but not limited to;
- Golf Course
- Business Offices
- Responsible for removing trash, recycling and replaces liners.
- Regularly cleans building interior and exteriors, pressure washes concrete and other surfaces, sweeps, mops, blows leaves, and picks up lost or discarded items.
- Immediately reports maintenance repair issues to supervisor.
- Ensures all lost and found items are turned in daily.
- Uses chemicals to clean and sanitize, will be subject to heavy lifting and prolonged standing.
- Works at different heights to clean walls and windows.
- Responsible for vacuuming, scrubbing, shampooing, waxing, and polishing all floor types, porches and public areas.
- Cleans hazardous spills such as bodily fluids.
- Ensures all custodian closest and work areas are kept neat, clean and organized.
- Constantly keep hallways, elevators, stairways, meeting rooms, and offices clean, including outside areas and grounds.
- Assure appropriate appearance of all public areas and private rooms for guest comfort.
- At times, strips beds, collects dirty linen, and remove trash from hotels.
- Respond to two-way radio requests professionally and in a timely efficient manner.
- Ability to move about campus to provide service in all assigned areas, utilizing a variety of transportation vehicles. I.e. golf cart, work van, and oversized work van.
- Secures all doors and locks after finishing work in assigned buildings before or after hours.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures and reports any unsafe activities or conditions immediately to supervisor and/or Human Resources.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned and required.