To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Completion of a Professional Nursing Program, approved by the state of which you are employed, and licensed to practice as a registered or licensed nurse. RN license preferred.
- Experience in Memory Care preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and flexible hours when necessary to meet the needs of our residents.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating procedures, policies and employee manuals. Ability to write reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively in front of others.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation, and interaction with residents’ families and families experiencing loss.
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- This position requires local travel and occasional out of town travel.
- Organization – Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time;
- Teamwork – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Business Acumen - Understands business and implications of decisions on the business.
- Ethics – Follows through on commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; results oriented and committed to achieving objectives and tasks as required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to stand and walk regularly, occasionally sit, lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.