MANAGED SERVICES ENGINEER
Join An Award-Winning Team!
As one of the fastest-growing IT solutions consulting firms in the North East, we offer a range of challenging career opportunities, generous benefits and lots of growth opportunities.
The Managed Service Engineer is Responsible for maintaining customer’s environments both hosted and onsite with Omega Systems RMM tools. The candidate will also be responsible for assisting with backup system maintenance tasks including adding agents, removing agents, monitoring backups and restorations. Additional responsibilities will include managing and implementing security technologies such as Firewall Rules, Web Filtering, Intrusion Prevention and Application Control Sensors. The ideal individual will be comfortable in a fast paced work environment and possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. This individual will also have served at minimum (2) years in a remote support role for desktop and server environments interacting with customers or end users by use of phone, email, or IM/chat communications. While this is a remote support position, communication and interaction with customers will occur on a daily basis, the candidate must have excellent customer service skills.
- Maintain the health of OMEGASYSTEMS Systems client networks
- Troubleshoot and repair server and network problems
- Write and approve scripts for deployment in RMM tools
- Monitor and maintain backup system for Omega Systems Smart DR and Smart Stor customers
- Monitor and maintain firewall security policies and implement best practices
- Perform and assist in “onboarding” new customers to Omega Systems services
- Recommend new products and services based upon customer’s present and future needs
- Effectively communicate with clients on recommended actions for problem resolution
- Document problems and associated resolution in OMEGASYSTEMS Systems ticketing systems
- Adapt to different challenging work environments
- Candidate must be able to manage their time efficiently and work independently with minimal supervision
- Work with other OMEGASYSTEMS Systems Engineers in a team environment in large deployment projects, troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Mentor and provide hands-on education to other OMEGASYSTEMS Engineers in relevant and filed-related subjects