- High School Diploma/GED certification required;
- Some college required;
- Experience facilitating, experience with custody and control of residents preferred;
- Adequate computer skills; Working knowledge of Microsoft, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Ability to be flexible- Days/Hours subject to change in accordance with program needs;
- Must be highly motivated and have excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish a plus; and
- Ability to obtain and maintain Department of Correction clearance and work within the constraints of facility guidelines which can include lock downs, screening of personal items including food and clothing restrictions, which can be changed at the discretion of the Department of Correction.
- Required to travel to City jails and Fortune Society offices.
- May be required to travel to offices for meetings and/or trainings.
- Must be willing to travel between DOC facilities, if necessary.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended period of time.
- Ability to travel corridors and walk up and down stairs frequently, daily.
- Ability to tolerate possible exposure to OC spray.
- Ability to remove yourself expeditiously if any risks are presented.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The responsibilities and requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensing, experience and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable intervals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The Fortune Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of conviction history, race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status.