Gotham Greens is seeking a dynamic Greenhouse Supervisor to join our Chicago Operations Team. The Greenhouse Supervisor will be responsible for daily greenhouse operations and supervising a team of greenhouse assistants in daily tasks while maintaining GAP, GMP, and crop quality practices. This is a hands-on role requiring an individual who is a team player, one who is willing to roll up their sleeves and isn't afraid to get their hands dirty. The Greenhouse Supervisor is a direct report to the Assistant Plant Manager. The ideal candidate is passionate about sustainable agriculture and embraces Gotham Greens core values and mission
Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st-century food system.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Maintain and assign daily tasks for harvests, transplants, cleaning, and crop management.
- Supervise and train greenhouse assistants in daily tasks ensuring efficient pace, sound food safety practices, punctuality, and safety as directed by Plant Manager.
- Complete daily walk-throughs to report on food safety, quality, and crop health, and greenhouse function.
- Create and maintain sage data including assemblies, transfers, adjustments, and inventory.
- Use master crop scheduler to create and maintain weekly and monthly harvest and seeding schedules. Create seed tags on a weekly basis.
- As directed by Grower, collect and record data concerning crop production, nutrition, crop trials, and greenhouse environment.
- In conjunction with Plant Manager and Pack House Supervisor, maintain Greenhouse logs for food safety plan including employment practices and checklists.
- As directed by Grower complete IPM scouting and application. Ensure proper use of all PPE.
- Observe and communicate any maintenance need to Plant Manager.
- Communicate with Plant Manager and Pack House Supervisor to ensure efficient workflow.
- Ensure a safe and happy work environment in the greenhouse.
WHO YOU ARE
- Ability to lead by example with a can-do attitude
- Experience in greenhouse work and/or hydroponics
- Familiarity with ERP and inventory control
- Experience with food safety practices, goals, rules, and regulations
- Great multitasking abilities and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A strong desire to learn and grow
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in data collection and recording
- Ability to motivate, inspire and coach hourly workforce
- Problem-solving skills and foresight- capable to identify areas of efficiencies
- Ability to work weekend and holiday coverage will be required on an as-needed basis
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and dips all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.