The Housing Support Specialist is responsible for assisting with the operation of sober transitional housing buildings as well as providing urinalysis services to residents. The position also consists of physical labor, basic maintenance / janitorial, security, safety, cleanliness of properties, and on call availability. This position also requires ability to handle emergency crisis situations that may occur in the transitional housing. This is an on call position to support our current staff and may be asked to cover various shifts, including rotating weekend coverage.
Avivo is a nonprofit organization which serves nearly 15,000 Minnesotans each year, helping them achieve recovery, employment, and career advancement. We believe everyone deserves the chance to live well and work well. Avivo provides chemical and mental health services, career and technical education, and employment services at locations in the Twin Cities and greater Minnesota. Avivo employees help individuals transform their lives – move out of poverty, find treatment and achieve recovery, end homelessness, train for and start careers, and secure jobs. At Avivo, employees experience worthwhile work and professional growth as part of a vibrant and diverse workforce. You have direct and positive impact in people’s lives and are a part of make lasting change in our community! avivomn.org
- Ensure the safety and sober living environment of our residents by completing nightly apartment checks, monitoring buildings, conducting random urinalysis and breathalyzer checks, and making sure housing rules are followed.
- Respond to client questions, concerns, and crisis situations; carry emergency phone during scheduled hours and respond to calls in timely manner.
- Maintain electronic documentation of incidents and complete required reports.
- Ensure building cleanliness by performing custodial duties, conducting light maintenance, and completing apartment turns as required.
- Maintain ability to be on-call when additional coverage is needed as requested by supervisor.
- Engage in active communication with housing support and security teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This position requires taking observed urinalysis from residents.