JNR is seeking an experienced Software Engineer II to join our team. The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills, technical knowledge of all stages of software development, problem-solving abilities and a strong work ethic. They should be able to implement complex and responsive websites developed on PHP and open source content management systems.
This position focuses on the development and maintenance of systems, both in production and future platform development, which will require the management of multiple tasks while delivering projects on time and on budget. Working with the product manager, you will need to understand the clients’ needs and translate those business needs into technical solutions to drive the client’s objectives. You will be joining a small team with large aspirations – we want to build our future in the incentive services industry. You must operate in a team environment, be comfortable with designing solutions with limited input, and not be afraid to put your stamp on the organization. Most importantly, our team is very serious about holding each other accountable for contributing to team goals, objectives, and deliverables. You must be able to actively contribute in a team-oriented environment.
- Developing and maintaining our platform, and custom client websites
- Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications
- Communicating with relevant technical and business stakeholders
- Developing platform systems that enable future scale-ability
- Develop full stack solutions for both back-end and front-end technologies
- Some server maintenance and configuration
- Communicate to with team on deliverables
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Requirements, or Competencies:
- BA/BS from an accredited college or university
- More than 3 years of web application development experience
- Ability to handle fast-paced work environment, deadlines and new challenges
- Ability to work independently and effectively in groups
- Ability to collaborate, communicate and work in a team-based atmosphere
- Ability to deliver on time and within budget
- Experience developing in one of the following Stacks:
- LAMP Stack – Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP
- MERN Stack – MongoDB, ExpressJS, React, Node
- REST/SOAP API development and integration
- Scripting languages like Shell, Bash
- Knowledge of version control system (Git)
- Experience with encryption protocols: PGP, SSL, and SSH
- Continuous Integration/Deployment Practices
- xUnit Testing Practices
- Clean Code principles
- Familiarity with PCI Standards a bonus
- Familiarity with SCRUM and Kanban helpful
- Knowledge of Drupal very helpful
- Solid understanding of the overall AWS infrastructure (EC2, RDS, S3, VPC, etc.)
- Proficiency in networking and network security
- Codeception/PHPUnit/Jest/Mocha/Chai/Sinon Experience
- Gitlab based Continuous Integration/Deployment
- Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker
- Experience with build automation technologies like Jenkins
- Various monitoring tools like Datadog, ELK Stack, or Rollbar
Benefits and Perks:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance plans
- 401K and financial planning
- PTO + Sick Days + Get your birthday off!
- 11 paid Holidays
- Business casual work environment
- Access to Gym and Game room in building
The physical and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear: sit at a desk, work under florescent lighting, and look at a computer for a long period of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Equal Opportunity Employer
JNR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. JNR does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, ability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
In accordance with local Fair Chance Ordinance(s), qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, will be considered for employment.
We participate in E-Verify.