- High School Diploma or Equivalent. Required
- Registered Behavior Technician Certification (RBT) preferred, or willingness to attain certification within 1 year.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License, acceptable driving history and proof of auto insurance as required.
- Minimum of two years teaching aide experience with students with disabilities preferred.
- New York State Certification in Special Education or Students with Disability a plus, or going to school for education/special education.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Applied Behavior Analysis principles preferred.
- Requires basic language, written and computer skills necessary for communication and documentation.
- Ability and willingness to support individuals with challenging behavior.
- Ability and willingness to assist individual in activities of daily living including toileting and other self-help skills.
- Ability to stand, walk, bend, and climb, ability to lift, push, pull and hold 50 pounds or more.
- Responsible to report on time daily (Monday thru Friday) to work location (s) during operating hours 8:00 am to 3:30 pm over a 12 month period, unless otherwise specified by supervisor
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Supplement Insurance
- Vacation, Personal and Sick Time
- 403B Retirement
- Life Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Paid Family Leave
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Account
- Tuition Assistance on approved curriculum after 1 year of service
- Professional Development
- Employee Discount Programs
- Legal Shield
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: NSSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. NSSA is a drug-free workplace.