The Human Resources Director has overall responsibility for the HR function as it relates to all team members, including employee relations, talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, implementation and administration of human resources programs and employment policies, personnel record-keeping, workers compensation and team member safety issues, training and talent development, and compliance with HR laws and regulations.
The HR Director must be open and available to discuss human resources matters with the entire workforce. The HR Director has oversight of all Human Resources services, policies, and programs. This position functions in both a tactical and strategic role.
- Coaches leadership teams, Management Board, and President by providing HR perspective and expertise.
- Aligns business goals with HR objectives and shares the responsibility for outcomes.
- Establishes and maintains consultative relationships with business leaders
- Assists in building organizational capability and encourages change initiatives, assessing the impact, and influencing communication plans
- Leads critical conversations with both employees and managers, challenging status quo, and coaching through difficult decisions and essential follow up.
- Develop an enterprise-wide talent acquisition process focusing on acquiring talent to meet the current and future needs.
- Establish best practices for use of talent acquisition technology (platforms & tools) and implement them across the enterprise
- Manage efficient and integrated pre-employment practices (background checks, drug screening)
- Develop and implement a talent pipeline strategy to meet future talent needs
- Ensure that appropriate assessment tools and interviewing techniques are used consistently throughout the enterprise to identify best-fit candidates for positions
- Develop metrics and tracking mechanisms to measure results, impact and cost-effectiveness of the talent acquisition team. These metrics should be designed to minimize days to fill and cost per hire as well as maximize new hire retention
- Promote diversity in the workplace and ensure recruiting strategies attract diverse candidates
- Research and recommend new/innovative recruitment strategies to attract talent and improve the candidate experience
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure talent acquisition goals are met
- Coaches management with handling employee related issues. Follows up to ensure early and appropriate resolution. Develops, recommends, and initiates steps for resolution.
- Assists managers in making and executing performance improvement
- Serves as primary contact to address employee concerns
- Conducts stay and exit interviews, analyzing data to make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement
- Coordinate Manager Lunch & Learns throughout the year on various topics.
- Establishes workforce plans to meet current and on-going business needs
- Delivers talent management coaching with leaders including gap analysis and succession planning
- Assesses on-boarding execution and new employee survey data
- Develops career pathing to support the business
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge and enhances job performance by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Oversee and track Training and Development courses for employees, to include WEDnet Training Grant.
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits. Enrollment, termination, and changes throughout the year.
- Work with broker to obtain and evaluate benefit plan options
- Conducting and assisting with open enrollment benefit meetings.
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions.
- Create, revise, update position descriptions as necessary.
- Active coordination with India HR
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters and recommend needed changes.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Organize and work independently on multiple assigned tasks/projects and complete assignments within specified deadlines.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, terminations, promotions and transfers.
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
- Coordinate employee recognition programs.
- Maintain all personnel files, I-9 records, drug and alcohol screening and background investigation results, and ensure compliance with all laws and regulations and demonstrates best practices in regard to personnel information management.
- Develop and implement human resources programs and policies and periodically update Employee Handbook.
- Remains current in knowledge and understanding of Federal, State, and local laws/regulations (e.g., Wage & Hour, FLSA, health and safety). Identifies trends that could impact organizational objectives or operational resources
- Coordinating immigration related matters
- Perform other duties as assigned.