We have openings at the Jewish Community Center of St. Louis for Inclusion Counselors in our 2021 Summer Day Camp program. These seasonal positions are available at both locations, Creve Coeur and Chesterfield. Camp runs from June 7th to August 13th with mandatory orientation June 7th- 11th.
Our caring and enthusiastic Inclusion Counselors provide one on one support to children and youth with developmental disabilities as they participate in regular camp programming and participate along with campers in a variety of activities including: swimming, outdoor activities, arts and crafts, drama, sports, music, Israeli culture, cooking, field trips, rock climbing, archery, and nature.
- Attend mandatory staff orientation and Parents’ Meet and Greet
- Engage with campers at all times
- Support camper as they participate in group or individual activities, helping them to be successful in all camp programs
- Write and maintain progress notes pertaining to each camper’s goals
- Make accommodations to activities, as needed, to allow the campers to fully participate
- Facilitate transitions or sensory breaks as needed
- Assist campers with personal care needs as needed
- Appropriately manage crisis situations related to behavior or health as needed
- Work cooperatively with counselors and specialist leading the program
- Care for the physical and emotional well being of campers at all times
- Provide quality customer service at all times
- Recognize and respond to opportunities for problem solving
- Observe camper behavior, assess its appropriateness, and apply appropriate behavior management techniques
- Enforce appropriate safety regulations and emergency procedures.
- Attend all staff meetings throughout the summer
- Maintain good attendance
- Follow and enforce all JCC and Day Camp rules and regulations
- These are not the only duties to be performed. Some duties may be reassigned and other duties may be assigned as required.