Shift4 Payments is the leader in secure payment processing solutions. The company’s groundbreaking technologies help power the top software providers in numerous verticals, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. Shift4’s family of software brands includes Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS — with additional integrations to 300+ POS/PMS systems across every industry. With an expansive global footprint that includes eight offices across the U.S. and Europe and over 8,000 sales partners, the company securely processes more than a billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000 businesses, representing over $100 billion in payments each year.
A Technical Support Representative is expected to work with customers to identify terminal/ pos system problems. They should achieve resolution by analyzing call logs to notice common trends and underlying problems and by applying a logical thought process to the troubleshooting they are performing based on the training they have been given. They should support interactions with customers through multi messaging campaigns such as email, tickets, phone, task systems, and chat systems. These interactions should be coordinated and real-time. Representatives are also expected to acquire an in-depth understanding of the software and equipment customers are using accompanied by good interpersonal and customer service skills.
• Research and resolve credit card terminal issues and questions from our merchants and our Independent Sales Representatives.
• Listening attentively to customer needs and concerns; demonstrate empathy while maximizing opportunity to build rapport with the customer
• Improve terminal performance by identifying problems; recommending changes
• Diagnose customer issues through process of elimination by asking probing questions
• Provide resolution by identifying problems; researching answers & guiding merchants through corrective steps
• Receive & resolve inbound calls, emails, chats, tasks, & Tickets
• This position requires employees to maintain cooperative, diplomatic working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, customers, and the public; work as part of a team and collaborate with colleagues; and complete projects under tight deadlines even when there are competing requirements and changes in assignments.
• As a Support Technician, you will occasionally be called upon to perform other duties not included in this job description.
• Demonstrate exemplary performance & attendance
• Must be flexible in work hours for 24/7 Call Center needs.
• 2+ years Technical Support/ troubleshooting experience
• Experience working with credit card terminals, POS equipment, registers, touch screens, and scanners is a plus.
• Excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills
• Strong problem-solving skills with proficient attention to detail
• Must be able to handle multiple tasks at once in a fast-paced call center environment
• Interact and coordinate with other departments to resolve customer issues
• Ability to adapt to and implement change
• Creative and forward-thinking
• Proficient in relevant computer applications
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus, but not required
• Experience in the banking or credit card processing industry preferred
• Knowledge of customer service core principles and practices
• Familiarity with the Microsoft Office Suite
• High school diploma or equivalent is required
*Remote work could be available after a probationary and training period.
We are looking for individuals who are comfortable on the phone and in-person for meetings, be proficient in MS-Office and be willing to do what it takes to help the team win. We will be evaluating candidates based on how they interview, prior experiences, knowledge and references.
Shift4 Payments provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.