LJA Mission Statement:
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is a conference and retreat center that hosts over 50,000 overnight guests annually. We have over 400 lodging rooms, a campground, and meeting space for up to 2,000 people. All of our facilities are located on a scenic 1,200 acre campus which boasts panoramic views, abundant recreation opportunities, and a 200 acre lake. Our market ranges from youth groups to affluent leisure guests primarily from the Southeastern US.
- Must possess excellent hospitality skills and a strong desire to foster an attitude of Christian hospitality to “exceed guest expectations”.
- Operate within division or department policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives.
- Primary responsibility is to serve and protect the conference center and surrounding Junaluska community.
- Provide security to all guests, visitors, employees and property owners at Lake Junaluska Assembly.
- Responsible for daily grounds patrol of Lake Junaluska conference property and community.
- Provided traffic control assistance for conference center events and community as needs arise.
- Responsible for daily courtesy residential house checks, and evening LJA conference center facilities.
- Respond to medical calls, assist EMS, Fire and other agencies within the Junaluska community and LJA campus.
- Responsible for the timely documentation of emergency or non-emergency calls for service.
- Non-sworn unarmed officers act as the eyes and ears of the law enforcement in a support role to the Sheriff’s Office personnel and report to the Security leadership.
- Must be comfortable with stopping cars and handling people who may be uncooperative.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures and report any unsafe activities or conditions immediately to supervisor or the Human Resources department.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned and required.