LJA Mission Statement:
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is a conference and retreat center that hosts over 50,000 overnight guests annually. We have over 400 lodging rooms, a campground, and meeting space for up to 2,000 people. All of our facilities are located on a scenic 1,200 acre campus which boasts panoramic views, abundant recreation opportunities, and a 200 acre lake. Our market ranges from youth groups to affluent leisure guests primarily from the Southeastern US
- Responsible for applying by hand or by using mechanical devices.
- Wall Coverings
- Responsible for painting and/or staining interior and exterior areas.
- Visually inspects for defects and proper coverage. Touch up small defects as needed.
- Responsible for all surface preparation which may require hand sanding, wire brushing by hand, scraping, grinding, needle gun, or the use of a pressure washer.
- Must be able to match colors of paint following specified color charts.
- Be able to use hand and/or power tools to mix and/or apply paints, coatings and wall coverings.
- Responsible for the installation of wall coverings requiring the use of measuring, cutting and rolling devices.
- Must perform high quality prep work, applying paints, coatings and/or wall coverings.
- Must be able to perform wall and door repairs.
- Responsible for changing window screens, to include the construction of and installation.
- Check rooms for damage after guest check-out.
- Must have a basic understanding of paints/finishes and be able to perform repetitive applications.
- Must maintain a clean, safe and organized work area at all times.
- Be able to work with water and solvent based paints.
- Able to work from ladders ranging in sizes from 4 feet to 40 feet.
- Must be able to work independently with little immediate supervision.
- Must possess a positive attitude and work well with others.
- Excellent communications skills are essential to the success of this position.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures and report any unsafe activities or conditions immediately to supervisor or the Human Resources department.
- Must comply with all Lake Junaluska Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned and required.