Shift4 Payments is the leader in secure payment processing solutions. The company’s groundbreaking technologies help power the top software providers in numerous verticals, including hospitality, retail, F&B, e-commerce, lodging, gaming, and many more. Shift4’s family of software brands includes Harbortouch, Restaurant Manager, POSitouch, and Future POS — with additional integrations to 300+ POS/PMS systems across every industry. With an expansive global footprint that includes eight offices across the U.S. and Europe and over 8,000 sales partners, the company securely processes more than a billion transactions annually for nearly 200,000 businesses, representing over $100 billion in payments each year. For additional information, visit www.shift4.com.
Job Summary: Reporting into the Manager of Accounting, the Senior Accountant is responsible for performing all accounting functions relating to the Company’s payment gateway business in accordance with US GAAP. The Senior Accountant will work closely with subsidiary gateway companies to perform month-end close, analyze financial results, and perform reconciliations. A candidate for this role should exhibit great attention to detail while working in a fast-paced, deadline-sensitive environment. This person should also be self-directed and have a willingness to take initiative to learn and improve upon existing processes.
- Create journal entries for month-end close
- Record cash activity
- Prepare monthly accruals
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare monthly detailed P&L and B/S analyses
- Create supplemental accounting schedules to facilitate audit and management reporting
- Calculate monthly commission payments
- Perform monthly invoice load and cash application into ERP
- Work closely with subsidiary A/R teams to ensure accuracy and completeness of billings
- Assist in financial statement preparation
- Drive work process improvements