By joining the Bio-Techne team, you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne and all of its brands provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
Boston Biochem is a fast-paced, biotechnology-oriented subsidiary of R&D Systems, Inc. with extensive expertise in the disciplines of protein biochemistry. The company’s primary function is the development and production of specialized reagents that enable the study of the ubiquitin-proteasome and related signaling pathways, thereby facilitating drug discovery efforts of the international biomedical research community.
We seek a protein biochemist who will contribute to the ongoing research and development of products including complex assay systems, post-translationally modified proteins and peptides, and recombinant enzymes. The successful candidate will have previously purified proteins from bacterial, insect, and/or mammalian expression systems, and will have theoretical knowledge or hands-on experience with isolation of proteins from prokaryotic and eukaryotic organisms.
- Applied experience and basic scientific knowledge in protein purification is expected.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential for detailed report writing.
- Follow standard operating procedures
- Document results and prepare reports summarizing your data
- Carry out troubleshooting activities under supervision
- Collaborate with other departments/labs as needed
- Follow guidelines and comply with all company safety, quality, and training procedures and regulations
- Perform additional duties as assigned