The Orthopedic & Sports Institute is seeking a MRI Technologist. This position is a .6 FTE with the schedule of 8:00 am – 5:00 pm three days a week. No weekends required.
This position produces high quality images for interpretation by physicians that meet the standards established by the Green Bay Radiologists. Practices proper safety guidelines for themselves, support personnel and patients. Supports teamwork through effective communication. Ensures high level of service to patients through proper communication, technique, and safety guidelines. Maintains flexibility to shift times and lengths. Performs other functional duties as assigned to assure efficient and optimal patient care.
- Operate equipment for imaging and anything related on various areas of the body to provide high quality images and information for patient diagnosis.
- Address patient concerns during the procedures and explain the MRI process to the patient in a way that is informative but also reassuring.
- Use tact, courtesy and poise when dealing with patients, keeping them calm and ensuring that they get the best care possible.
- Troubleshoot equipment and scanner to ensure that equipment is operating properly to avoid downtime or delays that affect patient satisfaction.
- Ensure patient safety with pre-screening for any contra-indications before the procedure.
- Handle high-stress environments in a calm manner when dealing with patients, technicians, and physicians.
- Demonstrates skill and knowledge to identify disease abnormalities and physiological processes while performing the MR scans with initiative to obtain additional scans, views, or extremely technical factors to provide maximum information for the radiologist to make an accurate diagnosis.
- Operate portable X-Ray in helping with administration of contrast for MRI Arthrograms and Therapeutic Injections.