Why work for us?
At Childress Klein, we are reimagining real estate. Together, we help our clients, investors, and the communities that we work in create environments that facilitate a better-connected, smarter, and more prosperous world. We are mindful of the mark our developments leave on the cities in which we live and work. As such, we strive to give back to our communities through charitable efforts, and by delivering sustainable solutions aimed at helping clients and communities become more resourceful, resilient, and regenerative. When you join the Childress Klein team you discover a culture that prioritizes commitment, communication, and acceptance. We make it a point to invest in our employees through personal and professional development opportunities. We don't want this to just be your job, but the start of your career!
What you'll be doing:
The Facility Management Assistant I will provide direct assistance to the Wells Fargo Cultural Campus and other properties assigned to this portfolio in support of the overall facility management program.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Financial Administration: assist Sr. Facility Manger with budget, accounts payable and receivable administration, including:
- Invoices - Retrieve and upload electronic invoices and launch appropriate workflows using Yardi accounting module. Research invoice statements and past due balances on monthly basis, escalate as appropriate to ensure all invoices are received and paid in accordance with divisional account AP guidelines.
- Purchase Orders - Create Purchase Orders and assign cost center allocations. Route purchase orders to facility managers for approval in accordance with accounts payable deadlines. Receive Purchase Orders when work is complete. Create recurring purchase orders related to vendor-performed work. Report on open purchase orders to review outstanding invoices and partial invoice payments.
- Monthly Reports - Assist in monthly reporting of AP variances and annual budget compilation.
- Miscellaneous - Prepare monthly allocation of operating expense invoice calculations. Review monthly third party billing documents and update reports.
- Operations Administration:
- Facility Access Requests - Receive, review and enter contractor access requests in the Share Point database and work with security and property management to update vendor access information as needed.
- Janitorial - Finalize the weekly janitorial inspection documentation, record the scores, and provide report to janitorial vendor. Manage the janitorial time log for day porters and night cleaners.
- Ice Machines - Track ice machine preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Elevators - Update the elevator downtime and entrapment logs.
- Waste Diversion Tracking - Collect and record data for the waste diversion tracking.
- Help Desk assist in help desk operations and administration of work order system.
- Backup - Serve as back up to the Facility Services Coordinator when necessary.
- Receive and respond to tenant and building management service requests; including corrective and proactive work order requests; input work orders and coordinate work order requests with appropriate work groups (i.e., engineering, security, facility management and janitorial staff)..
- Follow up daily with requestors to ensure complete satisfaction with delivery of services and resolution of complaints. Keep the facility management team informed of tenant concerns, complaints and building issues.
- Work Order Review Review all work orders daily to ensure accuracy. Prepare and manage monthly work order trending reports to assist in tracking key performance indicators.
- Tenant and Stakeholder Relations:
- Tenant Communications - Draft campus tenant communications and send to SFM and PPM for approval and distribution.
- Tenant Contact Lists - Assist with tenant contact directories and databases; coordinate with facility management and building occupants to ensure content is reviewed and updated on a quarterly basis, or as often as needed.
- Info Site - Assist with DEC info-site management to include reviewing content, revise and make recommendations for updates as needed.
- Totems Signage Request content from retail vendors. Assist with totem content, to include creating slides, monitoring content and assuring client guidelines are being followed.
- Tenant Advisory Meetings schedule, prepare agendas and meeting minutes for distribution.
- Wells Fargo Auditorium - Review Wells Fargo Auditorium weekly events calendar and coordinate the cleaning schedule with janitorial vendor.
- Cultural Campus Calendar - Review the Levine Center for the Arts calendar and make sure we do not have any work efforts planned on the plazas or in the garage that would impact an event held by the cultural partners.
- Office Administration - provide administrative support to Facility Management team including:
- SharePoint Administrator - Follow site design rules & guidelines, maintain site libraries, calendars and lists; coordinate with site owner to ensure all governance policies are being followed; archive documents per document retention strategy; manage site drop off libraries according to site owner direction
- Reception Support - Greet visitors, parkers and tenants to the management office; take incoming calls, take messages and direct callers to the appropriate facility management staff as needed.
What we need from you:
- An Associates or Bachelors Degree in business or a related field from a four-year college or university preferred; two or more years experience in an administrative role with a service-oriented business, preferably in the real estate industry; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Word and Excel. One or more years experience using Microsoft Outlook. Applicant should be proficient in working with Windows operating systems and adept at learning new software applications. Working knowledge of Microsoft Share Point helpful.
- Must possess the ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos; ability to write correspondence; ability to effectively communicate with superiors, vendors, tenants, other divisions and the general public.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing, present a professional image at all times, gain the trust and confidence of others, work cooperatively with a variety of individuals, and always project a positive attitude.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee will spend a large portion of his/her time at a desk, although the employee will also spend time traveling in and around commercial office property and associated grounds.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, write, type, talk, and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with hands and arms, and climb or balance.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Reliable transportation is required, as is the ability to work overtime and to take calls at any hour of day or night.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The facility management assistant will typically work in a professional office environment and be exposed to a variety of areas within a commercial office building, including back-of-house equipment rooms, loading docks, and parking garages.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What we have to offer:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Paid Leave of Absence Options
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Mentorship Programs
- And much more!
Childress Klein is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.