Sona Dermatology is looking for an enthusiastic Associate for our practice in Glen Allen, VA!
Are you the one? If you care about people, seek performance-professional fulfillment (achievements, fit, financial), and want to make the world a better place, we would love for you to join us in our pursuit of excellence on our journey to save lives, build relationships for life, and make a difference in the world, one person at a time.
For 40+ years, Sona Dermatology, the innovator, and leader in clinical-1st integrated clinical-cosmetic skincare for life, has been transforming our “center-of-our-universe” clients’/patients’ lives with a personalized continuity of essential clinical care and world-class cosmetic care to ensure results for life (health, wellness, happiness). In addition to Sona’s elite, board-certified Dermatologists who specialize in holistic, integrated skincare (including Mohs surgery), Sona’s industry-leader recognition includes Allergan Black Diamond, Top 1% Anti-Aging/Vitality Injectables, Top 10 Botox, and #1 Coolsculpting (body contouring, fat reduction/weight loss).
At Sona Dermatology, we are a beautifully, dynamically, powerfully diverse community of individuals who value inclusion and aspire to give all of us/each of us (collectively and respectively) the opportunity to achieve our full potential, unencumbered by bias and discrimination resulting from age, ethnicity, gender, race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, gender identity, socioeconomic position, or political ideology. We choose love over hate, we choose unity over exclusion, we choose assumption of positive intent over accusation, we choose problem-solving over indifference, and we choose defining the future over being defined by the past. In these demanding times, we are lucky to have each other and strive to make a difference, be a positive force for good, offer love and support to those in need, and make the world a better place.
Associate is a mission-critical leadership role. For your respective practice, you and your team are responsible 1. quantity and quality of practice development-growth, 2. quality of experience/service, and 3. overall center-level performance, productivity, and value creation across the entire market (existing and new centers).
With extraordinary opportunity and great expectations-accountability, the Associate enjoys commensurate performance-based compensation (base, benefits, bonus) and requisite latitude to collaborate, innovate, and drive/execute results.
In addition to servant leadership and top talent EQ/IQ, the Associate operates in a highly dynamic environment where it is vital to 1. be a subject matter expert in all Sona Dermatology processes (executing and solving for success towards KPI targets) and 2. actively communicate/partner daily with the VPs, Directors, peer Associates, and Center-Level Teams.
Role / Duties & Responsibilities
The Associate has many responsibilities and serves in one of the most important and complex roles at Sona Dermatology. The Associate is responsible for quality patient care and satisfaction and management of the operations and commercial functions of the practice (care/outcomes, service, Revenue value creation) and includes:
- Promotes exceptional patient experience and focuses on patient satisfaction and service
- Maintains an expert level knowledge of all company products and services
- Acts as the point person for all in-practice patients, including consultation pre and post procedure and as needed for company products and services
- Maintains detailed records within the practice management system with regard to patient data
- In coordination with team, ensures practice maintained in a healthy and clean manner
- Verifies insurance eligibility, provide necessary forms to new patients, updates information on existing patients, reviews for accuracy and scans/copies all insurance cards.
- Monitors waiting room and updates clients on wait times on a consistent basis; Monitor client flow and adjust nurse scheduling assignments as needed
- Applies all information on insurance plans, accurately identifying and entering into systems
- Strong attention to detail regarding co-pays, check-in, check out, and payment collection processes
Associates report to Practice GMs. The ideal Associate is an individual with strong interpersonal skills, professional and personal integrity, and is aligned with Sona Dermatology’s organizational guiding principles:
- Excellent in Pursuit of Extraordinary
- Sona-TDC P1! Servant Leadership
- Integrated-Shared Vision
- Ecosystems, Not Hierarchies
- Culture of Accountability/Urgency
- Breakthrough Comfort Zone DNA
- High Engagement-Participation
- Innovation-Learning Culture
Definition of Success
- Build-Lead Practice Growth and Operations to maximize value creation
- Participate in Operations & Growth to Achieve/Exceed Operating Plan
- Deliver Results to Accelerate Growth and Maximize Value Creation
Capabilities Experience / Expertise / Education
- 1-5+ Years Associate -Commercial/Operational/Leadership Experience (BD, growth, sales, marketing)
- 1-5+ Years Healthcare (clinical-dermatology or cosmetic; bonus consumer/retail)
- 1-5+ Years Growth and Innovation in Healthcare, Health & Wellness, and/or Retail
- Professional Certifications (e.g., healthcare, operations, OSHA, health & safety, etc.)
- Track Record of Breakthrough Results (safety, care/outcomes, service, revenue/sales, value creation)
- Fit with Sona Dermatology Mission, Team, Values (desire/passion to make a difference)
- All-In, Digital-First, Vital Few Success Factors, Creative Problem-Solver, Self-Starter, High Confidence-Low Ego, Servant Leader, Tolerant Collaborator, Executive Presence, Strong EQ-IQ, High Ethical Standards-Professional/Personal Integrity
- Bachelor's Degree and Continuing Relevant Industry/Professional Training
- Available for Moderate Travel (up to 25%)