Why work for us?
At Childress Klein, we are reimagining real estate. Together, we help our clients, investors, and the communities that we work in create environments that facilitate a better-connected, smarter, and more prosperous world. We are mindful of the mark our developments leave on the cities in which we live and work. As such, we strive to give back to our communities through charitable efforts, and by delivering sustainable solutions aimed at helping clients and communities become more resourceful, resilient, and regenerative. When you join the Childress Klein team you discover a culture that prioritizes commitment, communication, and acceptance. We make it a point to invest in our employees through personal and professional development opportunities. We don't want this to just be your job, but the start of your career!
What you'll be doing:
The Electrical Maintenance Technician II will complete tasks assigned within the employee's trade using the work experience, knowledge, skills, and ability of a skilled master in an electrical maintenance trade. This position supports the building maintenance program in a Class-A Office Building environment in Uptown Charlotte.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Perform daily corrective and preventative maintenance work on electrical equipment and systems. Must be knowledgeable of the following:
- Electrical systems design and operation
- Lighting systems interior and exterior
- Control wiring
- Automatic transfer switches operation
- Switchgear operation
- MCC operation
- Perform all tasks as directed by superiors. Examples of routine troubleshooting, maintenance and service repairs include, but are not limited to; door repairs, closer repairs, lock repairs, plumbing repairs, electrical repairs, tenant equipment repairs, light replacements, ballast replacements, break room equipment repairs, and other general maintenance items
- Respond to tenant complaints and preventive maintenance work orders. Troubleshoot, repair and provide service as required to maintain Class-A office space and associated equipment
- Assist other departmental technicians on specific projects or repairs within specified fields
- Take a leadership role when working in the employee's area of expertise and share skills and knowledge with fellow employees
- Report all problems to engineering superiors or security as applicable
- Develop and maintain good business relationships with tenants
- Keep work area clean at all times
What we need from you:
- Associate's degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school, electrical license preferred.
- A minimum of five years' experience in electrical maintenance or building operations, or equivalent combination or education and experience.
- Must possess ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; ability to effectively communicate with employees, superiors and tenants.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts, such as: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving some variables.
- Valid driver license required to operate company and/or personal vehicle to pick up supplies/parts and/or travel to other Childress Klein locations and/or attend company functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally write.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to take and respond to calls and report to work at any hour of the day or night, and work nights and weekends as needed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What we have to offer:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Paid Leave of Absence Options
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Mentorship Programs
- And much more!
Childress Klein is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.