Why work for us?
At Childress Klein, we are reimagining real estate. Together, we help our clients, investors, and the communities that we work in create environments that facilitate a better-connected, smarter, and more prosperous world. We are mindful of the mark our developments leave on the cities in which we live and work. As such, we strive to give back to our communities through charitable efforts, and by delivering sustainable solutions aimed at helping clients and communities become more resourceful, resilient, and regenerative. When you join the Childress Klein team you discover a culture that prioritizes commitment, communication, and acceptance. We make it a point to invest in our employees through personal and professional development opportunities. We don't want this to just be your job, but the start of your career!
What you'll be doing:
The Critical Environments Technician (CET) will be responsible for supporting the administrative and critical facility aspects of a LEED Platinum, Class A commercial office building's corrective and preventative maintenance programs.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Advanced knowledge and execution of system operation for all mechanical and electrical systems
- Perform daily inspections and rounds as required; review and log all equipment dedicated to the critical infrastructure
- Support the execution of all maintenance and project related activities; supervise all projects as needed
- Assist project managers with scope and development for all projects
- Fully understand service contractors' scopes of work, methods, procedures and change control implementation
- Complete corrective and preventative maintenance work orders received from the Computer Management Maintenance System (CMMS)
- Enforce all requirements of the Critical Environments Change Control Process
- Create reports for incidents that occur during shift and implement emergency response protocol as necessary
- Respond to alarms and abnormal conditions in critical areas when alerted by the Building Management System (BMS), client, building security and/or facility management personnel during and outside normal business hours
- Enforce facility housekeeping standards
- Participate in company safety training classes and practice safe work methods.
What we need from you:
- Knowledge of commercial or industrial building systems/critical infrastructure.
- Technical school/military training preferred, but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint preferred.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally require to sit; use changes to finger handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop kneel, crouch, or crawl; write; and type.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes and outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What we have to offer:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Paid Leave of Absence Options
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Mentorship Programs
- And much more!
Childress Klein is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.