Why work for us?
At Childress Klein, we are reimagining real estate. Together, we help our clients, investors, and the communities that we work in create environments that facilitate a better-connected, smarter, and more prosperous world. We are mindful of the mark our developments leave on the cities in which we live and work. As such, we strive to give back to our communities through charitable efforts, and by delivering sustainable solutions aimed at helping clients and communities become more resourceful, resilient, and regenerative. When you join the Childress Klein team you discover a culture that prioritizes commitment, communication, and acceptance. We make it a point to invest in our employees through personal and professional development opportunities. We don't want this to just be your job, but the start of your career!
What you'll be doing:
The Maintenance Technician I will complete all assigned tasks that are within the general maintenance field by utilizing the developing knowledge, ability, skills and desire for growth of an apprentice technician.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Repair and service all general maintenance items, including door hardware, locks, window blinds, carpeting, cove base repairs, etc.
- Replace lights as needed.
- Clean and unstop drains.
- Paint and clean mechanical rooms.
- Pick up and deliver parts.
- Change air filters.
- Install building signage.
- Perform tasks as assigned by supervisors.
- Take a leadership role when working in area of expertise.
- Share skills and knowledge with all other fellow employees.
- Develop and maintain good business relationships with all tenants.
- Keep work areas clean at all times.
What we need from you:
- High school diploma or GED and one to two years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as: safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to effectively communicate with employees, superiors and tenants.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts, such as: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving some variables.
- Valid driver license required to operate company and/or personal vehicle to pick up supplies/parts and/or travel to other Childress Klein locations and/or attend company functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, finger or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; and smell.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds, and occasionally write.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be able to take and respond to calls and report to work at any hour of the day or night; must be able to work nights and weekends.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What we have to offer:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Paid Leave of Absence Options
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Mentorship Programs
- And much more!
Childress Klein is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.