Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of one (1) year maintenance experience preferred
- Proven knowledge of various mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems preferred
- Knowledge of local building codes and ordinance preferred
Required Knowledge/Skills/Position Qualifications
1. Must have basic building maintenance skills and 2+ years of general maintenance experience preferred
2. Knowledge of use of hand and power tools
3. Must be able to lift (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), squat, kneel, bend, and walk continuously
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
HVAC certification preferred.
Downtown Womens Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Downtown Womens Center complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.