Why work for us?
At Childress Klein, we are reimagining real estate. Together, we help our clients, investors, and the communities that we work in create environments that facilitate a better-connected, smarter, and more prosperous world. We are mindful of the mark our developments leave on the cities in which we live and work. As such, we strive to give back to our communities through charitable efforts, and by delivering sustainable solutions aimed at helping clients and communities become more resourceful, resilient, and regenerative. When you join the Childress Klein team you discover a culture that prioritizes commitment, communication, and acceptance. We make it a point to invest in our employees through personal and professional development opportunities. We don't want this to just be your job, but the start of your career!
What you'll be doing:
The Parking Ambassador will ensure efficient operations of the parking facility by assisting and directing customers, informing parking management of problems and concerns, and performing maintenance and upkeep of parking equipment and records. This is a part-time/on-call position dependent on special events.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Monitor parking facility, maintain vehicle information and affix parking decals.
- Enforce department rules and regulations pertaining to the parking facility.
- Arrange and coordinate towing efforts in the garage.
- Track tenant vehicle records, identify changes of vehicles, license tags, parking level, and decal numbers; issue citations as needed.
- Identify and prevent safety hazards within the deck.
- Perform maintenance and upkeep of the equipment and machinery associated with the operation of the parking facility.
- Maintain inventory of garage equipment and supplies, notifying supervisor of supply needs.
- Provide breaks and lunch/dinner relief for the cashiers as well as backup cashier services during vacations or other absences.
- Assist cashier with maximizing space availability; maintaining vacancy counts.
What we need from you:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Outstanding customer service skills and experience in a customer facing role preferred.
- Previous experience in a cash handling role highly desired.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts, such as: addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must possess the ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively communicate with customers, superiors, employees, and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions, and the ability to deal with problems involving concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; write; and type.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Employee must be able to periodically work extended or split shifts during emergencies, crises, or inclement weather situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, and outside weather conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
What we have to offer:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Paid Leave of Absence Options
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Mentorship Programs
- And much more!
Childress Klein is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.