SNAP is seeking a qualified individual for a Residential Journeyman Electrician position. Enjoy fixed hours, no on-call or weekends and year round, dependable work, with no lay-offs.
Beginning salary for this position is $28.76-$34.99 per hour DOE
Full pay range $28.76-$36.39
This position often pays State Prevailing Wage $35.48 per hour
Benefits include medical, dental, life, LTD, PTO and 403(b)
Eligible employees at SNAP can apply for Public Service Loan Forgiveness!
Position Summary: Supports Housing Improvements operations, including weatherization, minor home repair, and rehabilitation programs, by performing residential electrical repairs, fan installations, knob and tube inspections, obtaining permits and related functions.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes assigned electrical residential repairs.
- Installs electrical equipment including kitchen and bath fans, outlets, and electric panels.
- Orders, picks up and delivers materials, tools, and supplies as assigned.
- Conducts inspections and gives safety approvals to knob and tube wiring; makes repairs necessary to achieve safety requirements.
- Evaluates and resolves on site technical problems. Notifies supervisor of job site issues.
- Cleans up debris after work is complete.
- Completes required paperwork in a timely, accurate, and legible manner.
- Provides electrical consultation and services for SNAP commercial and residential properties as requested.
- Continually monitors job site activities to ensure they are safely performed and in compliance with SNAPs policies and procedures.
- Required to call for permits and inspections when needed. Will be available for Labor and Industries Inspectors to answer questions related to electrical work.
- Trains co-workers as assigned.
- Works with coworkers and volunteers to promote a positive, respectful, and productive working environment, while protecting client confidentiality and dignity.
- Within the context of the stated principle job duties, serve as an ambassador of SNAPs mission and values.
- Completes assigned projects and performs related duties as needed or situation dictates.
- Provides excellent customer service at all times as well as helps to grow the customer service culture within the agency.
Education and Experience
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent and 2 years experience as Journeymen electrician. Lead Based Paint Certification is required within the first six months of employment. Valid drivers license and satisfactory driving record also required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to empathize with and advocate for low-income and vulnerable people, and to maintain confidentiality with personal information.
- Knowledge of electrical codes and procedures, techniques, materials, tools, and safety requirements.
- Knowledge and skills in installing electrical equipment and related circuitry and in completing electrical repairs in residential facilities including single family homes, multi-family dwellings, and mobile homes.
- Knowledge of knob and tube safety inspections and repairs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with emphasis on effectively working in a team environment and with a diverse population.
- Skills in the use of construction tools and equipment.
- Ability to safely perform physical aspects of job, including lifting, operating hand and power tools, and working in confined spaces and at heights.
- Ability to complete paperwork in a legible manner.
Work Environment/Physical Activities:
This position requires working in seasonal heat and cold. Must be able to safely perform physical aspects of the job including lifting up to 85 pounds, pulling, transporting, handling equipment and materials, crawling, and using step ladders. Frequently works in confined spaces, such as beneath floors and in attics and crawl spaces. May require working on rooftops and other potentially hazardous areas. May be exposed to dusty, wet, muddy, poorly ventilated and occasionally unsanitary environments. May be exposed to fumes and substances including paint, solvents, and other materials.
The statements contained herein describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
SNAP values diversity in its work force and is committed to Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request any accommodations necessary to apply for this position.