Why work for us?
At Childress Klein, we are reimagining real estate. Together, we help our clients, investors, and the communities that we work in create environments that facilitate a better-connected, smarter, and more prosperous world. We are mindful of the mark our developments leave on the cities in which we live and work. As such, we strive to give back to our communities through charitable efforts, and by delivering sustainable solutions aimed at helping clients and communities become more resourceful, resilient, and regenerative. When you join the Childress Klein team you discover a culture that prioritizes commitment, communication, and acceptance. We make it a point to invest in our employees through personal and professional development opportunities. We don't want this to just be your job, but the start of your career!
What you'll be doing:
The Application Support Analyst will be responsible for administration and configuration of business applications including: Yardi, SharePoint, Microsoft Office applications, and is accountable for identification and implementation of new processes in business applications. The analyst will interact with business unit stakeholders at all levels to identify productivity improvements and enhancements.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Works closely with business unit stakeholders
- Performs project management for various IT related projects
- Administers permissions on business applications: Yardi, SharePoint, and other applications
- Understands business functions/divisions, business management issues, and data analysis to analyze, recommend, document, and implement projects.
- Identifies opportunities to leverage technology within business applications
- Suggests and implements improvements within business applications
- Assists with testing and documenting new products and solutions
- Performs analysis and configuration of current systems and special projects
- Supports multiple business areas and integration points
- Attends software user conferences relevant to Childress Klein's business applications
- Answers and addresses incoming Helpdesk emails and phone calls regarding application issues
- Obtains details regarding the application issues and resolves those issues or forwards the call to the appropriate individual within the department to ensure adequate customer service
- Responds to site inquiries about programs and policies related to software
- Opens, tracks and closes trouble tickets and communicates status updates and requests, to the customer
- Participates in after hours On-Call rotation
What we need from you:
- 4 Year Bachelor's degree required
- At least 2 years of experience supporting Yardi Voyager Finance, Property Management, and Development
- Minimum 3 years of Yardi Voyager support experience
- Familiar with SharePoint Site Administration
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent customer service skills, detail oriented, and organized
- Must be able to interact effectively and get along with others including: peers, site personnel, corporate personnel and owners at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrates initiative, personal awareness, professionalism, integrity and confidentiality in all areas of performance
- Projects a professional image and demeanor
- Understands, applies project management skills
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; write; type; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, and crouch.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to indoor conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to mechanical moving parts and electrical current.
What we have to offer:
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending & Dependent Care Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Paid Leave of Absence Options
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Wellness Program
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Mentorship Programs
- And much more!
Childress Klein is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.