WHYY serves the Philadelphia region with trusted journalism, eye-opening storytelling and intimate local arts programming. Our curiosity and commitment to this community is what drives our programming. It’s also what drives our hiring.
Below you’ll find an employment opportunity in the fast-paced setting of the Philadelphia region’s leading public media provider. The award-winning professional staff of WHYY sets the bar high in television, radio and online. Whether it’s preparing a program to air or a behind-the-scenes role in support, all positions are vital to continuing—and growing—our impact in our community.
WHYY offers a voice to those not heard, a platform to share everyone’s stories, a foundation to empower early and lifelong learners and a trusted space for unbiased news. Learn more about our Social Responsibility Program. It’s how we live.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Learn how to assign, produce, write and edit multimedia news stories
- Have the opportunity to create original content
- Learn to pitch ideas and communicate why a piece will work
- Hone news judgment
- Work in a deadline-driven environment and learn to operate under pressure
- Have an experience that will foster interpersonal skills, quick and creative writing and exacting copy skills.
- Learn how to report and produce stories for radio and digital audiences, including acquiring audio editing skills with potential for voicing experience.
- Work will include collaborating with and shadowing reporters and editors.