The Sports Instructor is responsible for implementing and organizing a recreational league or clinic for the upcoming season. The Instructor strives to deliver a quality program where participants can learn the fundamentals of the assigned sport.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: We are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: We value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: We believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: We support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: Above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Implement programs for recreational league and clinic play.
- Effectively lead programs utilizing training curriculums.
- Communicate schedules and information effectively with parents.
- Maintain highly organized plans and programs.
- Ensure participant safety.
- Display a professional, courteous, and tactful demeanor at all times.
- Always strive to display a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Assist as needed in emergency situations and as outlined in emergency procedures.
- Continuously exhibit honesty, caring, respect, responsibility, reliability, flexibility, maturity, and good decision-making skills.
- Effectively lead a program utilizing training curriculums.
- Promote and represent the mission and core values of the YMCA of WNC.
- Minimum age of 16
- Minimum of at least one year of personal experience with assigned program
- Possess the knowledge and skills to instruct beginning levels of assigned program
- Must be able to travel to various locations around the association
- Must be committed to practices throughout entire season
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Must obtain CPR/AED, First Aid and Child Abuse Prevention certifications within 90 days of hire date
- Ability to constantly and quickly move to various locations in and around the entire facility
- Physically perform all CPR and First Aid skills and/or assist as needed in emergency situations
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Bend or stoop to reach various height levels
- Free individual membership to all YMCA of WNC locations
- Discounted membership for household members
- Discounted program fees (swim lessons, youth sports, summer camp and more)
- Start a 403(b) smart savings account on day one of employment (optional) and begin eligibility for YMCA retirement plan
- Professional development opportunities through local and Y-USA trainings
The YMCA of WNC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, faith, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.