EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree in communications or related field.
- Minimum 2 years experience in communications or related field.
- Minimum 1 year experience with Adobe InDesign.
- 1 year experience with other Adobe Creative Suite applications (Illustrator, Photoshop).
- 1 year experience in nonprofit work environment
- 1 year experience with fundraising and resource development.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Commitment to Medical Teams International Calling Statement and Values.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with best practices in fundraising writing principles.
- Ability to execute on basic design principles and follow a brand guide.
- Ability to independently plan, organize, and follow through on tasks.
- Detail oriented with an ability to maintain accurate records.
- Ability to maintain and protect donor confidentiality.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously; flexible.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Ability to operate well in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Advanced skills in Office 365 suite: Microsoft Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, Teams etc.
- Moderately skilled with communication software: Teams, Zoom, Internet, and social media platforms.
- Moderately skilled in Dynamics CRM, Raisers Edge, Sales Force, or other fundraising database
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequent use of a personal computer, database and digital platforms, and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and computer printer.
- Frequently uses hands, fingers, and arms to reach, handle, touch or feel equipment, medical instruments, materials, computer.
- Frequent communication and exchange of information among colleagues and persons of concern which requires the ability to speak, hear, convey and express oneself.
- Frequent close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally ascends/descends stairs, steps, or ladder
- Occasionally move about inside an office to access file cabinets, office machinery, meet with colleagues, etc.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Seldom to occasionally positions self to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- If in travel status, occasional to frequent traversing over rough or steep terrain in either a motor vehicle or on foot.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderately quiet.
- The employee may be required to travel to remote areas of the world where there are potential health hazards and risks, limited hygiene facilities, extreme weather, and very basic living conditions.