Come grow with us!
Pacific Coast Fruit Company is a local, family-owned produce distributor that has proudly served our Pacific Northwest retail, wholesale and food service customers since 1977. We are now one of the largest independent produce distributors in the Northwest with distribution centers in Portland, Oregon and Seattle (Kent), Washington.
Our employees are a big part of our success, and we truly believe the words of our founder, Emil Nemarnik, who often said, “Take good care of your employees, customers, shippers, and farmers and they will make you successful.” As an Inventory Control Supervisor, you’ll not only earn a competitive hourly wage and comprehensive benefits, but also open doors to a wide variety of advancement opportunities. Pacific Coast Fruit Company takes pride in developing employees and recruiting from within, and we hope this position is just the beginning of your career with us!
What you’ll do…
- Monitor physical inventory daily by checking receiving dates and product movement through the pick slots.
- Watch for shortages and/or lack of movement
- Monitor age of product
- Scanning for visual quality of inventory
- Check pallet receiving tags for accuracy
- Perform cycle counts and daily inventory adjustments as necessary to maintain accurate inventory levels.
- Process credits that come back from our customers
- Invoice clearance, and disposal items
- Work with Buyers on daily product moves
What we look for…
- Knowledge of food handling, processing, quality, storage and inspection of produce items.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent and at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to read and take direction in English
- Software proficiency including Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience within the Produce industry is a plus (Retail, Wholesale, Distribution, etc.)
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs. and work extended periods of time in cold temperatures. Lifting requirements are subject to change to accommodate an employee’s restrictions.
What you’ll gain…
- The opportunity to contribute, learn a lot, and have fun along the way
- Competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) and profit sharing plan as well as paid time off
- Regular and constructive performance feedback
- Lots of fresh produce you can eat or take home to your family through our generous employee purchase program