You are a licensed Architect (or a professional in a related discipline: Interior Design, or Landscape Architecture), with a passion for design, who is looking to grow with our employee-owned business and contribute to our expanding Vero Beach office; are eager and excited to take on the challenge and drive success within our organization. You leverage your positive leadership style to supervision, mentoring, and team/project management.
About the Role
As a Principal and integral member of the senior leadership team based in our expanding Vero Beach, Florida office, you can significantly impact the growth of the firm. You lead business development efforts for a market segment(s) or practice area(s)
. To aid in your success, and the future growth of the Vero Beach office, you leverage your strong business acumen, and the ability to grow with your Spiezle teammates. As a principal, you are a thought leader and subject matter expert in one or more of our vertical markets, practice groups, or management disciplines. A roster of marketing professionals and other members of the leadership team support you. As a senior leader, you will positively influence, champion, and reinforce the vision, strategic plan, mission, and guiding principles of the firm. You embrace team member development and contribute to career development conversations and career planning, leading to staff promotability and sustainable succession planning efforts. The role requires significant thought leadership to foster continuing improvement processes among the employee-owned team and throughout the firm. A Principal is passionate about championing a positive culture of engagement, collaboration, inclusion, and transparency in an employee-ownership environment.
Key Contributions and Responsibilities:
- Actively mentor and coach project managers and technical design staff in best practices
- Assist with overseeing the Vero Beach office day-to-day activities
- Continuously participate in succession planning and staff development within area of expertise
- Set an exemplary and positive management, leadership, and visioning approach and style
- Set the appropriate professional tone and pace for the project teams to meet established project milestones, budgets, profitability, quality, and completion dates
- Solicit new business (hunts) and maintains positive relationships with existing clients to gain repeat business (farms) and play an increasingly high-profile role in representing the firm in public settings
- Promote the firm through speaking engagements, print articles for publishing, produces white papers in trade communications/publications, etc.
- Oversees design competition and/or awards submission process or delegation of these responsibilities
- Profit and Loss Responsibility for a market segment or geographic footprint to contribute to sustained growth
- Fee Generation Target: $2M or > per calendar fiscal year through firm supported “hunting” and “farming” efforts
YOUR DAILY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee or manage complex projects but primarily provide guidance to other project managers.
- Proactively monitor project status, billings, and accounts receivables.
- Mentor project managers, and other designers, leading to increasing maturity and soundness of judgment in decision-making and in anticipating and solving project-related problems; Principals lend assistance, as needed, to the project manager for all job-related issues, in brainstorming, review, and major presentations.
- Significant responsibility in developing leads and maintaining contacts within the field that results in bringing in new work; market clients for future projects in close consultation with the Principal-in-Charge and or CEO; participate in contract negotiations, proposal development and presentations, including draft budgets; serve as presenter for interviews for larger or more complex projects and as supporting presenter in interviews for smaller or less complex projects.
- Thought-leader through published articles and white-papers and/or making conference presentations (with the assistance of the Marketing Department); track and interpret legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Attend networking functions of targeted clients/customers to ensure brand/name recognition. Invite design staff when appropriate for shadowing opportunities.
- Development, management, and improvement of project management methodologies
- Participate in ongoing Staff Performance Management, Training & Development, Succession Planning, and Selection of key team members
- Develop specific annual marketing plan and contribute to the annual strategic planning process.
- Participate in monthly Executive Committee meetings with firm leadership.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment.
- Ability to serve as an agent of change and foster positive employee morale.
- Ability to delegate tasks appropriately.
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility, and leadership.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of contract administration and office procedures.
- Possess a thorough knowledge and ability to implement quality project management processes and methodologies.
- Ability to use working knowledge of all consultant work to maintain efficiencies and meet deadlines. Possess an in depth understanding of the basics of most building systems.
- Financial Management and P/L capability
- Knowledge of AutoCAD/BIM/Revit; and Microsoft Office/365 software including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
Bachelors or master’s degree in Architecture from an accredited college/University; or Degree in a related discipline i.e., Interior Design, or Landscape Architecture.
At least 10 to 15 years of experience, with demonstrated leadership, P/L, and project management experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Architectural License in the United States (Florida Architectural License strongly preferred – will consider candidates eligible for reciprocity) required.
May consider other certifications or licenses in related disciplines for qualified candidates i.e., Interior Design, or Landscape Architecture.
LEED or equivalent designation in sustainability design desired but not required.
We offer competitive and comprehensive benefits packages. Our full benefits handbook will be shared upon request.
- We are an employee-owned company and YES, you will be an owner and receive shares within the firm, which is in addition to base compensation. Shares are allocated to you!
- Competitive salary, and bonus opportunities.
- 401(k) with company contribution
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that brings Architecture to the community
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package with coverage effective on the first day of the following month after the date of hire
- Reimbursement for professional designation exam(s)
- Professional Development opportunities that align with the Firm's leadership succession plan and/or individual development plan.
- Social and team building events
- Work/Life Balance is important to us. As an example, we offer:
- Flexible work hours with work from home options
- Year-round half-day Fridays to jump start the weekend
- “Family First”
Spiezle Architectural Group is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.
For additional information, please visit our website at www.spiezle.com