The Tissue Recovery Coordinator IV (TRC IV) works closely with the Tissue Resource Manager (TRM) and Director of Tissue Donation Services (TDS) to continually increase tissue donation and maintain acceptable rates of tissues recovered per donor. The TRC IV plays a primary role in the supervision and on-boarding of TDS staff, serves as a key representative of their regional office, and in addition to assigned supervisory responsibilities is available as an expert technical resource on cases. This may be a single position or a position held by multiple staff, based on need and qualifications.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Works collaboratively with the TRM and Director of Tissue Donation Services to maximize the number of tissue donors and grafts recovered for transplantation and research.
- Assists the TRM in recovery activities focusing on opportunities to maximize efficiencies including special projects (i.e.- strategic planning and department goals) focused on improving recovery processes and outcomes.
- Works collaboratively with the Tissue Technical Training Program Manager and the TRM in developing, implementing and maintaining technical training programs encompassing best practices.
- Develops and maintains professional and productive relationships with processing partners, medical professionals, hospitals, vendors, and donation organizations.
- Collaborates with Hospital Development team to ensure LCNW is positively and accurately represented.
- Helps facilitate effective communication and coordination with all LCNW Tissue Recovery team personnel.
- Able to facilitate and assist the TRM with orientation for new TDS staff
- Assists the TRM and Director of Tissue Donation Services with the annual competency reviews.
- Provides on-call days on a discretionary basis and is reasonably available as an additional team member during high donor volume.
- Facilitates effective 1:1 communication with staff in order to assist them with their technical progress
- Works with the Materials Management Program Manager and TRM to assist with monitoring of supply needs to ensure appropriate levels of supplies are maintained. Also monitors equipment and may send equipment for repair when necessary.
- Monitors reports and feedback from processors on technical performance of TRC’s, noting any surgical errors etc. to help facilitate improved technical performance.
- Will participate on a rotational basis as Administrator on Call for Tissue Donation Services providing the following:
- Engages proactively in donation referral and case activity by providing thorough, in-depth guidance to tissue recovery team members utilizing highly developed clinical expertise and advanced knowledge of the tissue donation process.
- Provides work direction and guidance to staff for donor evaluation directed towards maximizing tissue recovery opportunities.
- Acts as the first line of communication for SightLife and on-site coordinators.
- Problem solves with on-site tissue team members and provides clinical and logistical expertise in all areas of the tissue recovery process.
- Directs team member resources during case and referral activity.
- Maintains an awareness of all active referrals and pending activity to ensure optimal use of available resources.
- This position supervises Tissue Recovery Coordinators level I, II, and III and will work with the TRM to assist as needed on performance management and provide recommendations for promotions.
- Reviews TRC’s I, II and III staff timesheets and expense reports for accuracy and assists the TRM in approving Tissue Recovery staff timesheets and expense reports.
- Performs other related duties as required by the needs of the company and the senior management team.
- Participates in, and may lead, employee committees and events.
- Complies with applicable laws, regulations, and LifeCenter policies and procedures.