We are looking for dedicated and friendly faces to create a welcoming environment for members of all backgrounds and abilities. The Membership Engagement Representative is a very important, highly visible position providing exceptional customer service to our community. MERs are the first face greeting members as they arrive in our facilities and are the engagement specialists at the Y. In this role, you will be responsible for creating a welcoming atmosphere, driving sales, and connecting members to YMCA programs like swim lessons, sports, childcare, and more.
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: We are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: We value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful: We believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing: We support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: Above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
- Welcome and greet all members and prospective members as they enter our facilities.
- Communicate the value and benefit of the YMCA as a non-profit in the community and the benefits of a YMCA Membership
- Regularly work within our Daxko Operations software to sell and update memberships and to register participants for programs (youth sports, swim lessons, etc).
- Understands all program offerings, pricing, business policies and procedures, and is proficient in Daxko Operations.
- Provides excellent service to members, guests, and program participants in the branch and on the phone, contributing to member retention.
- Guides prospective members on highly engaged cause driven tours, highlighting the community work of the Y and the value of a Y membership.
- A working knowledge of computers or ability to learn within 90 days (MS Word, MS Excel, Daxko helpful)
- Ability to constantly and quickly move to various locations in and around the entire facility
- High degree of human relation skills: Ability to effectively communicate and manage information to peers, staff and volunteers
- BLS Requirement: Physically perform all CPR and First Aid skills and/or assist as needed in emergency situations
- Prefer a minimum of one year or more experience in work relating to customer service, either paid or volunteer.
- Free individual membership to all YMCA of WNC locations
- Discounted membership for household members
- Discounted program fees (swim lessons, youth sports, summer camp and more)
- Start a 403(b) smart savings account on day one of employment (optional) and begin eligibility for YMCA retirement plan
- Professional development opportunities through local and Y-USA trainings
The YMCA of WNC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, faith, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.