What’s going on?
Do you enjoy helping others? Are you looking for a meaningful career where you can help kids succeed every day? Whether you’re interested in a full-time, part-time or a seasonal position, we are looking for you!
Who are we?
At Four Oaks, we believe that every child deserves the opportunity to succeed. It’s more than our mission – it’s the passion that permeates everything we do. We have grown to become one of the state’s largest agencies devoted to child welfare, education, juvenile justice and behavioral health.
Why Work here?
We are more than a team, we are family! Four Oaks understands the importance of supporting and treating one another as if they were our own family members. We believe in maintaining a healthy work/life balance while providing career paths for everyone. Our organization flourishes in an environment of equal opportunity and fair treatment for all. The effects of diversity and inclusion have created an atmosphere of positivity which connects us to the customers we serve. As a valued team member on a full-time basis, you are eligible for:
- Premium medical, dental & vision insurance
- 401k Retirement plan with match
- Growth and advancement opportunities
- Competitive wages
- Excellent paid leave package
- 7 paid holidays
- Business casual work environment
- Educational discounts
- Fitness Center discounts
What you will do?
As a Youth Counselor you will be interfacing with clients in a group care setting. This includes ensuring safety and supervision, skill building, behavioral management and collaboration with other staff members. Specific responsibilities include:
- Utilizing a proactive/preventative method of intercepting problems to neutralize them before they escalate.
- Assisting clients in developing insight into their behaviors so that they learn to self-identify and self correct.
- Establishing a therapeutic relationship with the client based on trust & respect.
- Evaluating the impact of behavioral, group treatment, & life-space interventions while providing direction/feedback.
- Assuring consistent, ongoing, and timely provision for basic client needs.
- Safely transporting youth to/from program activities and community resources while monitoring behaviors.
- Effectively participating in team to review case progress and provide best programming.
- Maintaining positive role modeling and performing, as an agent of change for the youth.