By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
The Stem Cell and Gene Therapy Scientist will be part of a team responsible for the design and development of novel products used in cell and gene therapy workflows, including tools for expansion, identification, and differentiation of immune cells from pluripotent stem cells. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in immunology, particularly lymphocyte cell culture and/or pluripotent stem cell culture. Desirable skills and techniques include 2D and 3D cell culture and bioassays, immunomagnetic cell separation, immunostaining, flow cytometry analysis, and molecular biology.
- Design and carry out experiments and tests leading to the development and release of new cell culture/cell therapy-related products.
- Identify and determine critical products needed in the cell culture/cell therapy/stem cell research areas.
- Discuss findings with R&D manager and provide recommendations for future experimentation.
- Survey current literature to keep up with scientific findings and technical matters related to cell therapy and cell culture.
- Participate in product development roadmap analysis.
- Provide laboratory and other support for existing products.
- Work across functional groups to successfully complete product development.
- Represent Bio-Techne at professional meetings.
- Assist marketing and technical service groups in the promotion and service of Cell Culture/Cell Therapy products. Ensure that communication from these groups is scientifically accurate.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Quality Handbook and follows guidelines regarding safety as outlined in the AWAIR, Chemical Hygiene and Exposure Control manuals in accordance with the position.
- Maintains accurate records. Writes Production and Quality Control SOPs
- Follows GMP protocols and documentation, when applicable.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.