Imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day directly and positively affects the lives of the people in your community. Working for the YMCA means just that. Our employees enjoy a diverse & inclusive environment and the opportunity to do cause-driven work to impact our communities through Youth Development, Healthy Living & Social Responsibility.
As a youth coach, you are in a unique position to positively affect the lives of the children on the Piranhas Swim Team. Working in a group setting or one on one with student swimmers to help them develop critical life skills, such as hard work, determination, and focus. The Assistant Swim Coach creates a fun and dynamic environment for swimmers of all ages.
- Organize and lead practice sessions for designated practice groups according to Swim Team Directors weekly and seasonal plan.
- Teach and correct stroke technique for injury prevention and improvement in competition.
- Ensure the safety of all participants.
- Be available to communicate with swimmers and parents before and after practice sessions.
- Maintain a positive attitude and exhibit the YMCAs core values of honesty, caring, respect and responsibility, as well as sportsmanship, punctuality, and fairness.
- Seek additional knowledge of competitive swimming and character development.
- Minimum age of 15
- Competitive swimming experience as a coach and/or swimmer; instructional experience a plus!
- Excellent communication skills, with both students and parents. Must be able to project voice to be heard in a load environment and give instructions in an age appropriate manner.
- Maintain safety certifications including CPR & AED, First Aid, Lifeguarding or Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches
- Free YMCA Membership
- Career Development
- Paid Training Opportunities
- Reduced-Price Child Care
- Excellent Work-Life Balance
The YMCA of WNC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, faith, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, gender expression, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, except where a bona fide occupational qualification applies.