The mission of On Your Mark is to provide innovative and comprehensive community-based service to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities across their lifespan. We are committed to helping each individual experience the highest quality of life possible by providing person-centered programs that promote community and social inclusion, health and fitness, daily activity participation, independence, self-empowerment, and productivity.
Gain experience for career development in multiple fields including Education, Social Services, and Healthcare!
Full time employees may be eligible for the following:
- Health Benefits including optional Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Medical FSA and Dependent Care Account
- Partial Medical deductible reimbursement
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor match
- Generous PTO
Direct Support Professionals promote the integration of individuals into the community by teaching daily living skills, helping to attain goals; and providing instruction, assistance and support when required. The Respite department provides relief to caretakers in a variety of programs, incorporating social skills training with fun and exciting activities! As a DSP in our department, you will provide support for individuals in a group setting as they partake in various scheduled activities and trips.
- Arrive on time and prepared to begin working.
- Complete all tasks assigned promptly while remaining responsive to any of the needs of program participants.
- Provide direct supervision, prompts as needed, and provide redirections as appropriate to assigned individuals.
- Utilize behavior support strategies to help minimize confusion and frustration for individuals.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of each individual’s medical, psychological, cognitive, and social needs and ensure that activities are appropriate to needs and treatment goals.
- Ensure safety of program participants by adhering to all applicable regulations and maintaining situational awareness.
- Assure the individual’s environment meets or exceeds established standards for health and safety.
- Respond appropriately to immediate or urgent emergent individual needs, such as injuries and illness and provide or obtain assistance as needed.
- Participate positively and actively during class activities.
- Carryout job responsibilities in a professional manner.
- Adhere to all applicable Federal, State, City, and On Your Mark policy and procedures.
- Adhere to On Your Mark attendance policies and notify Program Administration in advance of changes to schedule.
- Maintain individual and staff confidentiality.
- Intervene appropriately and report ALL incidents, seizures, injuries, staff issues, and behavior concerns to Program
- Administration promptly.
- Monitor for any injuries, bruises or wounds.
- Attend and participate in all required and assigned trainings.
- Maintain a positive working relationship with individuals, families of individuals, staff and supervisors.
- Model positive behavior, good manners, appropriate dress, social interactions and appropriate language.
- Perform other duties assigned.