Hiring Bonus! Newly hired lifeguards are eligible to receive a $250 sign on bonus after working your first 100 hours.
The Jewish Community Center has open positions for Lifeguards and Swim Instructors. These part time positions are available at our Chesterfield and Creve Coeur locations. Our Aquatics program takes place in 6 indoor and outdoor pools and includes: lap swimming, water walking, aqua exercise classes, swim team, lessons, water slides, and children’s water play features.
Positions are available immediately for all shifts (days, evenings and weekends) and we are now hiring for summer at both of our locations.
Base lifeguard rate is $11 per hour. Employees at the J receive a complimentary staff membership.
Lifeguard is responsible for ensuring the safety of facility patrons by preventing and responding to emergencies.
- Provide exemplary customer service to members and provide for their safety and well being of our members by professionally guarding the pool according to J and American Red Cross standards.
- Recognize and respond quickly and effectively in emergencies complying with all safety and emergency procedures.
- Enforce all aquatic facility policies, rules and regulations.
- Teach swim lessons (group/individual) and aquatics exercise classes (with appropriate certifications).
- Inspect the facility on a daily schedule and report any unsafe conditions or equipment to the supervisor.
- Assist in maintaining a neat, organized and clean pool deck and aquatics office
- Answer the telephone and respond to customer questions in a courteous manner taking messages when appropriate.
- Learn, adhere to, and enforce all JCC policies and procedures.
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance while adhering to applicable dress codes.
- Be punctual and maintain good attendance.
- Complete records and reports within required timeframes including but not limited to timesheets, accident reports, class rosters, daily inspection reports, etc.
- Participate in regular in-service training sessions and attend staff meetings.
- Maintain swimming skills, strength and endurance.
- Foster and maintain relationships with members while creating a comfortable, positive and welcoming environment.
- Learn and become familiar with programming and equipment offered at the JCC to be better able to address customer needs.
- Assist in promoting aquatics and other agency programs and services
- Develop further knowledge in aquatics, including but not limited to training provided by the JCC.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor.