The Human Resources (HR) Manager works under the supervision of the Vice President Human Resources, leading and directing routine functions of the HR department, such as administering benefits and leaves, and enforcing company policies and practices. This position will provide excellent customer service consulting department supervisors in regards to respective business units. It is important that the Representative abides by HIPAA regulations, practices and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) procedures where appropriate as this position may be exposed to a number of environmental hazards.
- Hires, and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Provides support and guidance to HR team and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise.
- Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Partners with Quality Assurance department to manage L&I claims.
- Manages and tracks leaves of absence.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- HRIS reporting and data management
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions
- Performs other duties as assigned.