LJA Mission Statement:
The mission of Lake Junaluska is to be a place of Christian hospitality where lives are transformed through renewal of soul, mind and body.
Located in the Smoky Mountains of Western North Carolina, Lake Junaluska is a conference and retreat center that hosts over 50,000 overnight guests annually. We have over 400 lodging rooms, a campground, and meeting space for up to 2,000 people. All of our facilities are located on a scenic 1,200 acre campus which boasts panoramic views, abundant recreation opportunities, and a 200 acre lake. Our market ranges from youth groups to affluent leisure guests primarily from the Southeastern US
Sales/Prospecting/Relationship Building 55%
Contract Negotiation 20%
Administrative Duties 25%
- Must possess excellent hospitality skills and a strong desire to foster an attitude of Christian hospitality to “exceed guest expectations”.
- Responsible for proactive solicitation of new group business for Lake Junaluska Conference & Retreat Center utilizing the following;
- Approved Outside Travel
- Phone, Email, USPS
- Responding to in-house inquiries within designated territory
- Attend designated Tradeshows and Networking events to generate new business.
- Ability to respond to groups remotely using remote desktop access. Accountable for maximizing sales within all groups for lodging, food service and facility rental revenues.
- Coordinates with reservations/groups sales managers/coordinators as required for each group booking.
- Must be able to make decisions in an autonomous manor that meet the needs of Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center.
- Negotiate rates within set parameters, dates and facilities with clients
- Develop and manage budgets for each group
- Accountable for personal sales goals for Room Revenue and Food/Meeting Room Rental Revenue
- Maintains extremely detailed documentation of all arrangements by utilizing:
- Property management and catering software systems
- Digital Filing System of all booking information so information is transferred to Event Coordinator.
- Works in a team oriented environment with other departments at Lake Junaluska Conference and Retreat Center
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures and report any unsafe activities or conditions immediately to supervisor and/or the Human Resources department.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned and required.