$250 Signing Bonus and FREE Gym Membership!
- For new Employees
- $250 after 3 month of employment
The Jewish Community Center has open part-time positions for Personal Trainers. Positions are located at both our Creve Coeur and Chesterfield facilities. We are looking for nationally certified trainers who are available to work a flexible schedule to meet our clients’ needs. Our facilities offer private personal training studios with cutting-edge equipment, as well as a comprehensive fitness and sports operation including indoor and outdoor spaces for training, aquatics programming, recreational sports leagues, and an extensive group exercise program which include Pilates reformer studios.
- Develop and administer safe and effective goal oriented fitness programs, which have been approved by the JCC and/or the approved national fitness certification agencies.
- Promote personal training, fitness programs, group exercise, aquatics or other programs pertinent to our member’s needs. Present the benefits of personal training to all members and demonstrate the value of the program. Be aware of and able to offer current Fitness specials/promotions and be aware of programs offered across the J.
- Perform fitness evaluations and personal training appointments as scheduled or assigned by supervisor. Confirm appointments with customers; be prompt and prepared.
- Call clients and potential clients to schedule and or confirm appointments. Actively seek to build client book to meet your revenue goals. Establish personal networks and effective interpersonal relationships.
- Follow all agency record keeping procedures: collecting and processing payments for sessions rendered, timesheets, session tracking sheets, patron information sheets (assessment, release, history), WellStart information, master appointment book, etc.
- Provide exercise correction to ineffective or unsafe techniques when observed or asked for assistance.
- Generate member “Success Stories” to share and market the results we help our clients to achieve.
- When not training a client, trainers are alert and on the floor at all times. Answer questions, answer phones, take messages, assist with emergencies and give any and all information our members may need.
- Be a continuous learner. Seek out and attend continuing education opportunities offered by the JCC and the approved national certification agencies.
- Follow and enforce all club rules and company policies and procedures.
- Comply with safety, courtesy, and dress code policies.
- Re-rack all weights and assist in maintaining a neat, organized and clean workout area in the Fitness Center.
- Adjust and operate all fitness equipment, audio-visual equipment and perform other fitness operations that contribute to our customers’ experience.
- Attend all meetings and assist in Fitness Center promotion where applicable.
- All other duties as requested by supervisor.
Note: Special assignments may be determined based upon mutual interests: conducting monthly seminars for our members, assist in development of new programming with niche interest, assist in community outreach projects, work in collaboration as a fitness expert for inter-departmental events and joint programs, etc.